why is it important to know fine dining?
- because when you need to do business with rich people, diplomats and celebrities, fine dining is an important element. even Jesus dines with the apostles in order to know each other better. this is popularly known as fellowship.
a lot of things are revealed about the other person while dining with them. knowing some basics about it will not put you in a bad situation if it ever happens.
how do i eat? there is no spoon!!
- a fork and knife should be enough. there is nothing to worry. most of the times, there is little rice to deal with. the meal is comprised mainly of meats and the knife is used to cut it up to your preferred size. just use the fork to sccop up rice and veggies.
this may pose a problem at the start but don't worry, it is not impossible to accomplish.
what is this, the spoon is either too big or too small.
- the big spoon is used for soups. the first item to be served is the soup. never sip the soup directly and make noise. soup is used to prepare you for the main dish.
the small spoon is used for desserts. the number of eating tools could range from 4 to even 17. sometimes it comes with the food servings.
how does the waiter knows that i'm done?
- simply by placing your fork and knife on the same side of the plate. if not, then one should be on the right side and the other on the left side.
proper placement of the table napkin.
- the table napkin can be placed squarely on the lap (two corners on each side of the legs) or under the chin by taking one corner and slipping it under your collar.
the proper way of eating spaghetti.
- slide your fork under the desired amount of spaghetti then rotate your fork until the spaghetti is wrapped around the fork. this is the civilized manner of eating spaghetti in a no-mess way.
fine dining requires poise, self-control and discipline. why not surprise your family with some fine dining techniques?